Monday, January 16, 2017

Tirdas 22nd say of Last Seed,

   Tirdas

    I woke up early and checked the back-pack I had bought from Lucan was balanced correctly, this would make taking loot from bandit's easier, plus I could carry a change of clothing and food. 

   The mist was still heavy on the ground when I left.  My arm's and shoulders had a slight ache in them, from helping Hod at the mill. I was not used to that kind of manual labor, but the coin would come in handy and Hod and Gurder's good graces would be worth more. 

********

   I made it to Whiterun by noon and stopped by the Smith and asked what new item's she might have.  I was in luck, she had gotten a pair of boots with a good shock resist on them, but that is as far as my luck held.  The only light armor she had was, well not to my liking. 

   I headed up to see Farengar and gave him the Dragonstone and met the Lady that had given him the information about it's location. I marked her voice for later, as she kept he hood far down and face inverted. The did a little business with Farengar, basically giving him back the "reward" money that he had given me, I bought two ranged spells. 

   About the time I was going to leave and I cursed myself  later for not slipping out, Irielith came and told Farengar that a dragon had been spotted by the Western Watchtower, I was "invited" to come along as well. The Jarl listened to a guards description of what was happening and then told Irielith to take some more guards and go, but also asked that I go along, as the only person to have survived a dragon attack. 

   His reward was met with a smile, this time, another set of bracers with a better enchant for archery. I might just need them, my magic was not strong and I had not had time to study my new ranged spells.

I followed Irielith and the guards to the watchtower and... saw the dragon coming, I fought the best I could, but the the few potions and enchants I had were not up to the dragon's fiery breath...


How am I writing this if I met my demise?  Well that is a different part of the story and will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment