Sunday, January 8, 2017

Sundas, 17th of Last Seed, 4E 201

    Today is not a good day to die and quite frankly I really am not looking forward to my execution. What did I do to get on this cart? I crossed the border at the wrong time and in the wrong place.  What did I cross the border for, well my friend, to get away from the Imperial guards. 

   My name is Lucien, but my friends call me Luc, sometimes Lucky...which generally I am. So where did my luck run out? You might think it was when the Thieves Guild hide out in the Imperial City was raided by the Imperial City Guards, but no, not for me, I wasn't there.  As it happened I was on the roof of a building near by with a Lady.

  The guards quickly let us be when they realized who it was that was on the roof and I don't mean myself. I'm surprised her scream didn't rouse the gang, but no, most of them are in jail or dead.  I left the next day, in a guise of a merchant I traveled across the whole of Cyrodiil and had no problems. 

   I Knew I was ahead of any rumor of the raid and I planned on going to Riften and checking in the with Thieves Guild there. Which lead's me to where my luck went bad, at the border, it's like all the luck I have ever had was reversed.  

   My horse threw a shoe, so I was afoot. Bandit's did not recognize the thieves guild signs and I had to fight, then run from them. Thankfully I am very good at being a cat burgler, so out of sight I climbed a tree.  I woke to find a bunch of soldiers in blue camped under  the tree, my first move alerted them all. They dragged me out of the tree, just in time for Imperial soldiers to come rushing into the camp.

   So that is how I ended up on this cart, headed for an execution. If my luck has not completely deserted me, I will get out of this also.

No comments:

Post a Comment